Hi guys I recently came across a weird issue, I was not able to delete a chats from a certain group with large number of messages and Whatsapp just crashed again and again while doing that.
I was trying to find a solution on the internet, but I got nothing. I finally started digging the cause of the crash and after some research I finally figured out the solution.
|Whatsapp Crash While Deleting Chats|
Do this with another phone if you can’t do on your own. You just need to insert your SD card into that phone or copy your Whatsapp folder in that phone.
- Delete all the apps or factory reset the device, make as much free memory in internal storage as you can.
- Now go to settings and change your screen timeout to maximum(30 minutes).
- Turn off any battery saving or RAM cleaning apps/features. If you own a Mi device, turn on performance mode.
- Now install Whatsapp and restore your chats if you are doing on another device. Otherwise just open it.
- Now open that chat, and clear it from menu button. Don’t delete it, clear it first.
- Wait patiently now. It will clear in 5–15 minutes. It’s done now.
If you were using another device to do this:
- Backup your Whatsapp chats from settings. Copy the folder to your phone or insert SD card back into your device.
- Restore them on your original phone.
I hope this would help all those users who were unable to delete their Whatsapp chats.